The developer vgmoose has released a new application update very useful for owners of the console Nintendo Switch (modified) in the Homebrew App Store version 2.0.The homebrew App Store is the spiritual successor of the Wii U Homebrew App Store, a graphic frontend of get package manager for homebrew download and management on the Nintendo Switch.
To run this program, you need a Nintendo Switch with access to hbmenu (currently requires an SD card). Unzip the contents of the zip file to the Github link inside the SD card.
- Download the last appstore folder on sd: / switch / appstore /
- Make sure the res folder is in appstore.nro within the appstore folder
- Download the latest version of hbmenu.nro on sd: /hbmenu.nro
- insert the SD card (formatted in FAT32) into the switch
- Run “hb App Store” from within hbmenu
- When you have finished press HOME to exit (and again album to return to hbmenu)
All apps are initially marked as “GET”. Once installed, they go to the “INSTALLED” category. And if an update is available on the server, it will be displayed as “UPDATE”.
The main method for controlling the screen is via touch input + fling to scroll. If you press the D key, a security cursor will appear to support TV mode.
- Search functionality with on-screen keyboard
- Now lets you sort the app list for: recently updated, download count, alphabetically, download size, and randomly
- Added a new “Advanced” category that includes some system modules / hekate
- “App details” screen redesigned to show much more information about each app, such as a long scrolling description, download count, download size and last update date
- Added feedback reporting for any app to collect data about what works and does not work. If necessary, this feedback will be transmitted to the author of the application
- All touch and controller commands refactored and more responsive to input (highlight, buttons, etc.)
- Added four-column “wide” view enabled by pressing L or ZL in the app list
- New offline screen when the Internet connection is not detected instead of the empty progress bar
- List other apps by the same author from the details page
- Empty folders are now removed after uninstalling a package
- Cached icons should no longer block the upload
- Use romfs for storing images instead of an external folder
- Some settings to clean up any empty folders left by the old app and clean up the icon cache