The bucanero developer has released a new update of PKGi PS3 with the new version 1.1.3. For those unfamiliar with this fantastic homebrew it is a port of the most downloaded tool on PSVita pkgi that allows you to download and install the .pkgfile directly on PS3.
- easy to use: lists available downloads, including search, filter and sort.
- standalone: no PC required, everything happens directly on PS3.
- automatic downloads: just choose an item, which will be downloaded from the app to your HDD (
direct mode) or queued for background download (
background mode) using the internal Download Manager.
- resume interrupted downloads: you can stop a download at any time, change the application and return to resume the download at a later time.
- appending multiple downloads is only supported when using the mode
- background download tasks will only appear after restarting the PS3.
You must create a
/dev_hdd0/game/NP00PKGI3/USRDIRcontaining the items available for installation. The format of the text database is customizable by the user. Check this section to know how to define your custom db format.
You can also upload additional database files:
The elements on each of these files will be automatically classified according to the content type of the file. Note: the app assumes that each database file has the same format as defined in
Default DB format
The default database file format uses a very simple CSV format in which each row indicates an item in the list:
where is it:
|id is the complete contents of the voice, for example |
|is a number for the content type of the article. See the table below for details. (set it to 0 if unknown)|
|is a string for the article name.|
|is a string for the description of the object.|
|the 16 hexadecimal bytes for a RAP file, if necessary for the element ( |
|is the HTTP / HTTPS URL where to download the file |
|is the size in bytes of the |
|is a SHA256 digest of the |
descriptioncannot contain newlines or commas.
pkgi.txtexample file :
EP0000-NP9999999_00-0AB00A00FR000000,0,My PKG Test,A description of my pkg,dac109e963294de6cd6f6faf3f045fe9,http://192.168.1.1/html/mypackage.pkg,2715513,afb545c6e71bd95f77994ab4a659efbb8df32208f601214156ad89b1922e73c3 UP0001-NP00PKGI3_00-0000000000000000,0,PKGi PS3 v0.1.0,,,http://bucanero.heliohost.org/pkgi.pkg,284848,3dc8de2ed94c0f9efeafa81df9b7d58f8c169e2875133d6d2649a7d477c1ae13
Types of content
|Type value||Type of content|
User-defined DB format
To use a custom database format, you need to create a file
dbformat.txtand save it to
dbformat.txtdefinition file is a 2-line text file:
- Line 1: The custom delimiter character (eg:
- Row 2: the column names for each column in the custom database, delimited by the appropriate delimiter defined in row 1
Note: To correctly recognize the columns, use the column tag names defined in the table above.
All columns are optional. Your database may have multiple (or fewer) columns, so any unrecognized column will be ignored.
dbformat.txt, for a database that uses semicolon (
;) as a separator:
; name;TITLE ID;REGION;description;AUTHOR;TYPE;url;rap;size
name,description,url,rap,size only the fields will be used.
dbformat.txt, for a database that uses character pipe (
|) as a separator:
| REGION|TITLE|name|url|rap|contentid|DATE|PKG FILENAME|size|checksum
name,url,rap,contentid,size,checksum only the fields will be used.
Using the application is quite simple:
- Move UP / DOWN to select the item you want to install and press .
- To view the details of the item, press .
- To sort / filter / search press . The context menu will open. Press again to confirm the new settings or press to cancel any changes.
- Press the left or right trigger buttons (L1 / R1) to move the pages up or down.
- HEN users: the object
.rapwill be activated automatically at startup.
- CFW users:
.rapupgrade to COBRA 8.2 firmware for automatic import or use the PSN / psnpatch reagent on older CFWs after installing the content.
- Where to find a
You can use a tool like RIF2RAP to generate an
.rifexisting file . Then you can use a tool like
hexdumpto get the string of hexadecimal bytes.
- Where to find
You can use PSDLE to find the
.pkgURLs of the games you own. Then use the original URL or host the file on your web server.
- Where to remove interrupted / failed downloads to free up disk space?
Check the folder
/dev_hdd0/tmp/pkgi– each download will be in a file
.pkgseparate from its title ID. Just delete the file and start over.
- Download speed is too slow!
Optimization is still pending. If the
directdownload is slow, you can use the mode
background downloadto download files using the internal PS3 Download Manager.
- Improved automatic update code to download
.pkgupdates directly from GitHub
- Database memory limit increased to 32768 items
- App location changed in
Networkthe XMB tab
- The app now allows you to download existing items
- Start / stop music works without having to restart the application