Since the PS4 7.02 Kernel Exploit release by theflow0 and his PS4 Webkit Bad_Hoist 6.72 Exploit Port WIP, PlayStation 4 scene developer sleirsgoevy added an experimental PS4JB: PS4 6.72 Jailbreak Exploit implementation to his Github repository today for those seeking to test it out… although initial reports currently indicate a rather low success rate with many PS4 5.05 FPKG games not working on 6.72 at the moment.
- Should you update your PS4 Firmware to 6.72? Most sceners don’t recommend it yet (read above why), but if you can’t wait there are plenty of mirrors for it available HERE.
- Should you update your PS4 Firmware to 7.02? No, as there is currently no public Webkit / Userland entry point for the previously released PS4 7.02 Kernel Exploit.
- What if your PS4 is on Firmware above 7.02? All you can do is wait on a Future PS4 Jailbreak Exploit for higher Firmware or Find a Jailbreakable PS4 Console.
Live PS4 6.72 Jailbreak Demo mirrors will be added above as time permits… also as new 6.72 Fake PKGs (FPKGs) are dumped remember we don’t allow them on the public forums so be sure to get a Verified Badge via Discord to access the private areas for such things and rock on with everybody there!
Some other tips to be aware of with the influx of newcomers due to the 6.72 PS4 Jailbreak news:
- Do not post Tweets in the forum, the Staff will add noteworthy ones to the article OP’s as time permits.
- Do not post links to PS4 FPKG downloads (get a Verified Badge via Discord to access the private areas for such things).
- Do not post PS4 FW 6.72 Jailbreak videos, search YouTube… we’ll add some to relevant articles as time permits.
- Do not post in non-English per the Rules, use Google Translate prior to replying instead.
If you find yourself unable to post and/or access the forums any longer, re-read the above for the most likely answer as to why.
From the index.html: PS4 FW 6.72 Jailbreak
READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
In case you’re dumb: this ONLY works on FW 6.72. If you are on a lower firmware, download a 6.72 retail update file here and update your system. If you are on a higher firmware (e.g. 7.02), your console CAN’T BE HACKED yet.
This exploit consists of two steps: the actual jailbreak (JB) and Mira+HEN (MIRA). To backup games run homebrew software, you need to activate JB first, and then MIRA. Not just one of them, not the other way round. First JB then MIRA.
1. Click on the link that says JB. In about 20 seconds you’ll get an alert saying “You’re all set!”, followed by “There is not enough free system memory”. This means that everything has gone well.
If something went wrong during the process, you may get an alert saying “Jailbreak failed! Reboot your PS4 and try again.”. In this case you must reboot your PS4, preferably without closing the dialog box.
If the system hangs for more than a minute (may require more time on slow Internet connections), reboot your PS4 and try again.
If the system crashes (looks like instant powerdown), press the power button on the PS4 (NOT on the gamepad) until it turns on again, then retry.
2. After you click OK on “There is not enough free system memory” and the page reloads, click on the link that says MIRA. This will activate Mira+HEN to unlock the “Debug Settings” menu. In about 20 seconds you’ll get an alert saying “You’re all set!”, followed by “There is not enough free system memory”. This means that everything has gone well. If the system hangs or crashes, see above.
Claims that Mira does not have HEN are false, do not believe them!
This exploit does crash and hang. Sometimes you even have to retry 10 times to get the jailbreak.
Spoiler: Related Tweets