Hey everyone, following PS4 PKG Sender v1.03 I have created XNA RPKGMAN: XNA Remote Package Manager which is a fully dynamic, lightweight package manager that only requires NodeJS/NPM and runs on a headless server (no desktop needed).
It implements 90% of the functionality @flatz provided. If you have a NAS where you store your files you can have the manager run on the same server for maximum speed!
Dynamic means: progress bars / status update asynchronously, no need to hit refresh. If you’re interested, here is the link:
Example scenario: Let’s say you have a NAS where you store all your files, then you can install the package manager on the same server which will give you maximum transfer speeds!
Known limitation: By design the Remote Package Installer API does not provide a function to list the installed packages. Therefore in order to uninstall a game/dlc/patch the title id has to be manually entered.
Here’s more about it from the README.md: Remote Package Manager by XNA
This is a lightweight installation manager for pkg files. It comes with a fully dynamic front-end using only jquery, jquery-ui and js-cookie (for storing tasks). NodeJS/NPM is the only component required to run the webserver.
The manager can run on a headless server (no desktop needed). Ideally this server should be have direct and fast access to pkg files!
- NPM (Node Package Manager)
- PS4 Remote Package Installer
- Clone repository, cd into extracted directory
- Install modules: npm install
- Edit config.json (see below)
- Start server:
- To start in foreground (e.g. in screen): node index.js
- To start in background: nohup node index.js &
- pkgfolder: Full path to the folder containing your pkg files (must be accessible from server)
- myip: Set ip address of your server
- ps4ip: Set ip address of your PS4 optional:
- myport: Change port of server / landing page
Remember to enable the configured port in your firewall.